Opportunity: Front Desk Supervisor
Supervise front desk operations in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Front Office Manager – Front Office Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Participate in lobby ambassador and other activities related to interacting with guests on an individual level, thus creating a relationship and culture that will result in repeat stays.
- Oversee front office operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Perform bookkeeping activities such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Promote Hersha Hospitality and brand-specific marketing programs.
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival; register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Compute bills, collect payments, handle cash, and make change for guests.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Ensure hotel entrance, reception and other public areas are properly maintained in regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on all shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It