Opportunity: Director of Business Development
Manage existing national and local accounts, including Corporate, SMERF, Association and Tour & Travel accounts, both transient and group. Prospect for new accounts in order to meet or exceed budgeted revenue and room-nights in this market segment for assigned hotels in the region.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Secure new accounts and manage existing accounts for designated group of hotels.
- Host familiarization trips and conduct site inspections throughout the properties.
- Meet and liaison with travel agents providing feedback and market information to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, trends on competition, and sales activity.
- Maintain all contact, account, and activity and booking information in sales system.
- Responsible for sales traces, individual and group revenues along with weekly, monthly and annual reporting.
- Conduct outside sales calls to promote assigned hotels.
- Represent hotels at trade shows as specified and attend or host hotel events as required.
- Assist the support staff with maintenance of sales files.
- Develop and manage effective business plans for assigned segment and for each hotel.
- Identify and stay abreast of industry trends to provide leadership and education regarding the
- Work closely with RDOSM and DOSMs to effectively communicate new trends and develop strategies to increase revenue.
- Define and improve customer value proposition by assessing the competitive area as it relates to segment.
- Develop and conduct persuasive sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in sales and a minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience in DOSM role.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotels and client’s locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It