Opportunity: Assistant Outlets Manager
Assist in the effective management and direction of restaurant, room service, bar/lounge and café operations in accordance with established standard operating, guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant or Banquet Manager– Food and Beverage Manager – Outlets Manager - Food and Beverage Director – Director of Outlets
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with interviewing, training, scheduling, coaching and supporting associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Confirm that the outlets comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Resolve guest complaints and coordinate with other department leaders to resolve service delivery quality breakdowns.
- Check that all equipment is in working order.
- Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee serving staff to ensure proper liquor controls are in place and all Hersha cash handling policies and procedures are followed. Comply with all Hersha accounting policies in order to ensure SOX compliance.
- Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, create menu ideas, survey competition and report food trends, and assist in preparation of specials.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associates degree preferred.
- 2-5 years restaurant experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.