Opportunity: Legal Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support to attorneys and paralegals by organizing legal documents. Will also assist by contacting persons in operations throughout portfolio of hotels to obtain legal information for use by the legal team.
Potential Career Path
Legal Administrative Assistant – Legal Assistant
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and paralegals.
- Maintain computer based filing and organization systems for legal records, which includes saving documents to the legal computer systems and calendaring dates for permit renewals.
- Manage invoices from outside counsel and submit to accounting department for payment.
- Telephone and email hotel general managers and corporate personnel to gather information and documents for legal department.
- Obtain checks and fill out forms for renewals of existing permits and licenses and apply for new permits and licenses (licensing and permitting knowledge is a plus, but not required).
- Review and manage vendor certificates of insurance for accuracy and to confirm up-to-date.
- Input information and update databases for permits and licenses, and legal documents.
- Calendar important dates for legal team.
- Gather information and fill out forms to obtain registration of hotel vans and other vehicles.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a law firm or corporate environment in an administrative capacity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with entering information into a database.
- Experience with keeping track of dates and calculating dates.
- Associates degree, bachelor’s degree, Paralegal Certification or legal coursework is preferred.
- Knowledge about application process for licenses and permits, such as liquor licenses, is helpful but training will be provided.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work product to both attorneys and company constituents.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It