Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards – both at the Hotel’s registration desk as well as inside the Front Office operating the hotel’s phone system.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manger
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Upselling guest rooms and promoting hotel services.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Promptly and professionally answer telephone calls and direct to correct extensions.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests and valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Receive wake-up call information, input accurately into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm with guest.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Act as dispatcher for Security, Guest Services, and Operations’ Associates.
- Provide timely information via two way radios
- Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- In downtime ensure the department is set up for success by appropriately blocking guestrooms, balancing room types, and pre-blocking VIP rooms. Also, assist in room changes as well as with daily checkouts.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It