Opportunity: Contracts Counsel
HHM is seeking an attorney to join its Legal Department headquartered in Philadelphia. This position is an exceptional opportunity for an attorney to become a hospitality specialist by working for a national company that is a market leader in hospitality. This attorney will provide advice and assistance in negotiating commercial and other contractual relationships to assure legal compliance, adherence to contract guidelines and mitigation of risk. The candidate will work closely with the in-house attorneys, acquisitions, capital improvements, and operations teams on diverse subject matters.
Potential Career Path: Managing Counsel - Senior Corporate Counsel
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft, review, analyze, structure and negotiate a broad range of agreements, including those involving consultants, vendors, confidentiality, management, support services, software licensing, leasing and renovation construction agreements.
- Work with business counterparts to identify and provide advice regarding legal risks and issues
- Communicate your assessment of the legal issues in an agreement to internal clients and/or one or more of the senior lawyers on HHM’s legal team in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate review and comment of agreements by other stakeholders
- Support HHM’s acquisition and development team with asset management and related matters
- Manage and interact with various systems and software tools that are used in the contracting process, e.g. automated contract review tools and contract management system
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Oversee and act as a liaison between the company and outside counsel regarding litigation and resolve claims and disputes prior to litigation when needed.
- Contribute to developing HHM’s legal intellectual property, such as new forms, process guidance documents, internal training decks
- Assist other members of HHM’s legal and acquisitions teams on acquisition projects, including coordinating contract diligence
- JD with 5+ years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating business contracts in a law firm or in-house setting
- Admitted to the practice of law in Pennsylvania
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize legal issues to essential elements for clients throughout the organization with different abilities and responsibilities
- Highly-developed organizational skills, articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with construction contracts and related documentation is a plus
Work Environment and Context: Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT) is a self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that owns interests in hotels in major metro and urban centers along the Northeast Corridor of the United States from Boston to New York City to Washington DC to Miami. The company also owns hotels in popular destinations in the Western US, including Northern California, Los Angeles and Arizona. Hersha focuses on high quality, upscale hotels in historically stable and expanding metropolitan markets.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It