Opportunity: Prep Cook
Prepare and plate food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
Potential Career Path
Cook – Sous Chef – Executive Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and plate food product for private events and parties, assist in monitoring depletion and replenishment
- Manage the awarding of additional food, supplies, and service to any station with high work volume.
- Perform routine quality control inspections of all food products. Notify supervisor immediately of questionable color, smell, feel, and/or shelf life.
- Assume responsibility of maintaining full menu knowledge, including but not limited to specials and upcoming events.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the immediate service area, floors, and food service area by upkeep of kitchen area and appliances.
- Label and store all food products according to government, state, and federal guidelines.
- Restock for following shift at the end of each shift.
- Adhere to standards with regard to safety, sanitation, and PPE.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior culinary training and/or prep cook experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize key assignments.
- Strong knife skills.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires standing and moving for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate kitchen equipment and food items.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It