Opportunity: Director of Front Office
Manage hotel front office operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant General Manager – General Manager – Area General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee front office departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Monitor all front of the house financial operations and ensure front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts. Review, submit for approval, and order capital budget items as required.
- Supervise all front of the house department managers.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Oversee all vendor and personnel contracts throughout the hotel.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts payable and receivables, house bank audits, petty cash as it relates to the front office.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to oversee payroll functions.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and improve maximum occupancy and rates.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow
MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
- Large hotel experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.