Opportunity: Breakfast Supervisor
Supervise breakfast operations including the preparation and serving of food and beverage items while interacting with guests in a friendly and courteous manner consistent with brand/hotel and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Shift Supervisor – Restaurant Manager – Food and Beverage Director
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring associates perform in accordance with standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Engage guests to offer assistance and to check on satisfaction.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Recognize repeat guests and anticipate needs based upon breakfast preferences.
- Assist with setting up, cleaning and organizing breakfast service and pantry areas.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Ensure food is properly stored in designated containers and storage areas and meets food handling standards.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Work as a Guest Service Associate during staffing shortages or during peak periods, check in/out guests.
- Assist with luggage, assist special guests with requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Food Sanitation a plus, required within 90 days of employment.
- Previous food and beverage/culinary experience required or equivalent training.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.