Provide quality barista services in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Head Barista– Host or Hostess – Guest Service Agent
Essential Job Functions
- Take coffee, beverage and food orders, input orders into POS system, collect payment and prepare orders.
- Bus coffee cart areas and tables.
- Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas.
- Ensure that appliances are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
- Stock and maintain work areas.
- Take orders, input orders into POS system, collect payment and prepare orders.
- Clean dishes, utensils, work areas, tables and equipment throughout the day.
- Obtain change required for expected business level. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts and secure bank.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to food & alcoholic beverages.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager;
and complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Barista experience a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.