Your Opportunity: Corporate Director of Learning and Development
Do you have the energy, drive, passion, presence and savvy to champion an organization’s values, and behaviors? Do you see yourself as a culture warrior? Can you embrace and evolve existing quality learning and leadership experiences to reach new heights? If so, this rare role will set you up for success yet allow you to be creative and collaborative with others to drive a learning culture in keeping with our core value of People Are Our Capability.
Executive Director of Learning and Development – Director of People Support – VP People Support
The Fun Stuff
- On an annual basis, conduct training needs assessments and develop a strategic learning plan for a large hotel management company with a diverse portfolio of hotels both branded and independent of brands, all of which are committed to delivering the highest quality guest experiences.
- Evaluate existing e-learning and leadership courses to ensure alignment with our desire to develop people personally and professionally.
- Create and facilitate quality learning and recognition programs for our people who are recognized as future leaders.
- Design and deliver inspirational programs for key leaders at the hotel property, regional and corporate levels, transforming both individual leaders and teams to be the best they can be.
- Design and deliver programs for corporate junior managers to develop skills to achieve excellence, embrace change, and be accountable for delivering on expectations and promises.
- Design and deliver e-learning modules for supervisors at the hotel property level.
- Develop or enhance, in conjunction with operation leaders and dedicated guest service champions, a unique and branded Guest Experience learning solution for our independent collection of hotels not supported by a major hotel brand.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to design department specific learning modules to enhance skill levels.
- Act a resource and coach for others in their efforts to apply learning principles and/or in their efforts to develop others formally and informally.
- Maximize use of an e-learning system.
- Prepare metrics and reports on training activities and ROI’s.
- Make recommendations and develop business plans to support proposed changes.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing and presenting leadership, discipline specific, and service programs ideally in an organization committed to delivering experiences to guests according to prescribed standards.
- Master at writing and communicating, including ability to design creative and inspiring presentations in various mediums.
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills, commanding attention during presentations.
How You Will Work
- At your desk you will sit or stand, type, and communicate in a variety of ways using keyboard, phone and in person to and with great people.
- Keep a bag packed - you will travel periodically from coast to coast throughout the US delivering presentations to small and large audiences in diverse types of hotels.
People Are Our Capability – Hearts that Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It