Opportunity: Food and Beverage Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support to the Director of Food and Beverage, Executive Chef, Outlet Director, Banquet Director, and Food and Beverage managers with the daily operation of six outlets.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Supervisor – Restaurant Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Manage correspondence, to include preparing and responding to email, completing forms, writing letters and memorandums.
- Generate and compile reports weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and for year-end (Sales report, Delphi, Brains, POS, Ultipro, etc.). Provide necessary reports to directors and executives upon request.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, filing, scanning, update Food and Beverage bulletin boards, maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Answering telephone, maintain automated reservation line, and input reservations in Open Table reservation system appropriately. Assist in keeping guest history accurate and clean database.
- Assist in distribution of Food and Beverage information; compiling marketing work order, and in the creation of menu marketing pieces.
- Assist with cleaning reports, health department inspections, liquor license, and Kitchen safety inspection maintenance reports via follow-up.
- Attend various Food & Beverage meetings and take minutes.
- Assist in correcting associate timesheets, to include obtaining signatures.
- Assist in preparing or correcting restaurant, banquet, or special event checks & transactions.
- Assist Outlets and Banquet operations during holidays and peak season.
- Create electronica Reader Board signs on a daily basis.
- Prepare BEOs for Food and Beverage department activities. Distribute and file BEOs, Group resumes to Food and Beverage director, Chef Office and Banquet office.
- Disseminate daily events list, Huddle, SALT, and Night manager’s report and distribute within the department.
- Coordinate Food and Beverage activities with marketing manager.
- Exhibit professional direct and continuous contact with guests, co-workers, and management. Must have the ability to interact at with guests and other associates in a pleasant manner that is consistent with the value of hospitality.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinate and/or communicate PS activities such as, interview and training schedules; and route transfer and termination documentation to appropriate Food and Beverage leader.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Relay directives, instructions, and telephone messages to Food and Beverage department leaders
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by hotel management team.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience required.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Offices and Google programs.
Work Environment and Context
- Extended work hours may be required, to include some weekends and some holidays
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, hear, see, speak, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.