Opportunity: Assistant Front Office Manager
Assist in overseeing front office operations to include supervising front office personal in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Office Manager – Rooms Division Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee all front office operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Assist in monitoring of front office financial operations and ensure
front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts.
- Review, submit for approval, and order capital budget items as required.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs; direct staff according to information obtained.
- Ensure front office supplies and merchandise for the gift shop and or market are fully stocked, and inventory is maintained.
- Work with the Sales office to ensure group resumes and group rooming lists are inputted and maintained.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow
MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years hospitality related experience, including front desk operations experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service
markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.