Opportunity: Breakfast Attendant
Prepare breakfast bar for hotel guests while greeting and servicing them in a friendly manner consistent with brand and/or hotel and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Server or Guest Service Agent – Restaurant Supervisor or Front Desk Manager.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from pantry to serving counters.
- Set up attractive food displays and maintain cleanliness to ensure food safety.
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Clean up spilled food, drink or broken dishes and remove trash.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Fill beverage and ice dispensers.
- Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Locate and provide items requested by guests.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in pantry or breakfast area and mop or vacuum floors.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program
- Practice safe work habits and use required safety equipment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Food sanitation certification a plus and required within 90 days of employment.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred or equivalent training.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, ivestment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to htels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.