Opportunity: Internal Auditor/Performance Analyst
Manage the audit of hotel properties and processes within the corporate
offices and work closely with the asset management team performing analytical projects aimed at identifying opportunities to improve the performance of our portfolio of hotel properties.
Potential Career Path
Senior Auditor – Internal Audit Manager – Director of Financial Reporting and Controls
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Conduct tests of internal controls in connection with a Sarbanes Oxley compliance program
- Test and examine accounting systems and records, cost representations, and internal controls to assure compliance with accounting and auditing principles and standards.
- Draft reports, or segments of reports, of audit findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Create accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
- Perform analytical procedures, working with our financial analyst, to identify best practices within our portfolio and opportunities to improve business performance. Monitor and analyze risk related items across the portfolio.
- Train hotel staff at openings on best practices and internal controls.
- Assist in auditing corporate office processes.
- Participate in fraud investigations.
- Conduct and document audits of key internal controls (SOX 404) and key operational processes.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, accounting major preferred
- Solid Excel and quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings with external and internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and personal.
Work Environment and Context
- Typical for office environment, may require occasional weekend/evening work, recurring travel required.
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
- Moderate travel required.
Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT) is a self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust
(REIT) that owns interests in hotels in major metro and urban centers along the Northeast Corridor of the United States from Boston to New York City to
Washington DC to Miami. The company also owns hotels in popular destinations in the Western US, including Northern California, Los Angeles and Arizona. Hersha focuses on high quality, upscale hotels in historically stable and expanding metropolitan markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.