Opportunity: Catering Sales Manager
Sell and service banquet and meeting functions in order to achieve catering department goals.
Potential Career Path
Sales Manager – Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee all catering sales, targeted towards existing and new corporate and social markets
- Solicit new business, making prospecting calls and outside client visits.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details ensuring all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Service accounts including BEO’s, and Group Resumes when necessary.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate to obtaining potential business from that account.
- Provide an exceptional level of service and acquire the highest quality of catered products for our clients.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in catering and banquet sales required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.