Opportunity: Senior Group Sales Manager
Responsible for the profitable development of revenue from the Group Segment through sales efforts that will result in guest satisfaction, and to solicit past and new business ensuring all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
Potential Career Path
Property Director of Sales – Area Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential group clients.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Perform and pass quarterly shop calls.
- Manage accounts ensuring pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Develop new group opportunities for the hotel through daily outside calls, cold calling, and client visits.
- Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close group sales opportunities.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Cross-sell any opportunities within a cluster of nearby HHM hotels.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in sales is a must and 3-5 years of previous hospitality group sales experience preferred.
- Brand specific experience, Sales Pro system experience & prefer Primary Market sales group sales experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.