Opportunity: Area Assistant Director of Sales
Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans for a group of hotels to maximize revenues
through direct group and transient sales.
Potential Career Path
Director of Sales – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Focus on achieving personal revenue goal as agreed upon and established each year.
- Assist team on achieving total team revenue goals as agreed upon and established each year.
- Focus on personal sales efforts to achieve maximum revenue return from key accounts.
- Develop potential key markets for the hotels.
- Assist in the process of interviewing, selecting, training, coaching and supporting associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Use internal and external resources and data to develop strategic plans to incorporate all direct sales business segments.
- Understand sales and business processes, support corporate and hotel goals and contributes to enhancement of customer value.
- Identify customer business requirements and craft customer offers, which result in increased revenue share for the hotel.
- Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual marketing plan.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts in Marriott International and the convention
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a current annual strategic sales plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow group business.
- Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry and personal development.
- Seek input and opinions from all relevant parties. Secure all facts prior to making decisions.
- Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly understood.
- Travel nationally to conduct outside calls and promote the hotel and review competition.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Four-year college degree required; additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications a plus.
- Previous sales experience in a comparable hotel size and scope required with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience required.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Delphi and access database tools.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management,
investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the
United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well
as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community,
personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its
commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to
make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch
yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve
professional success. As we grow, you grow.