Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manger
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standingfor extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25pounds, bending andreaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service
markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.