Opportunity: Conference Services Manager
Manage operation of the Conference Services Department overseeing coordination of conference and meeting groups in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Sales Manager – Director of Catering Sales – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Plan and conduct pre and post convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Monitor in-house group activity, providing assistance as needed.
- Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients.
- Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads, and securing re-bookings.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.