Opportunity: Accounting Manager
Prepare journal entries, detailed reports, account reconciliations, and perform other accounting functions in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Potential Career Path
Senior Accounting Manager - Regional Director of Accounting - Senior Director of Accounting and Shared Services
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare or review ledger account reconciliations, including bank accounts, prepaid and other assets, liabilities and credit cards
- Monitor coding to ensure accuracy.
- Adhere to internal financial controls as directed by the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley narratives, including sales journal verifications, bank, general ledger and subsidiary ledger account reconciliations, revenue testing, and other tests and procedures as required.
- Prepare and/or review general ledger entries and present financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various schedules and supporting documents as required.
- Assist with other team activities, communicating both verbally and in writing with other team members and property-level associates.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work outside established schedule as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Formal training in accounting required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Prior hospitality related experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate skills with Excel.
- Ability to exercise judgment in the absence of the controller or assistant controller is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in accounting required.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.