Salon Assistant will assist Hair Stylists with providing a wide range of hair care services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling. Salon Assistants are responsible for, but not limited to, maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Salon and hair wash stations.
Essential Job Functions
- When not assisting a Stylist the Salon Assistant will maintain the cleanliness and organization of the salon area; including bathrooms, preparation room and hair wash stations.
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Performs hair services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Ensure Salon facility is well stocked with supplies
- Recommends products for home use.
- Performs all treatments on services’ menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Recommend products that fit the guest’s needs.
- Present a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Constantly maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the services performed.
- Handle guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation, sterilization, and restocking rooms.
- Attend and participate in all team educational meetings and trainings.
- Adhere to schedule requirements.
- Assist in any and all ways in the salon when not scheduled to perform services.
- Perform other related services as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of hair styling.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow