Opportunity: Full Service General Manager
Opportunity for strong leader to join leading hotel management company and operate a premium brand and well cared for full service property. This highly visible leadership role and important asset requires strong P&L focus coupled with the ability to lead a stable team and deliver service that exceeds brand standards.
- Provide strong leadership to hotel executive committee and staff to drive balanced score card results including meeting financial objectives while maintaining brand standards, guest satisfaction expectations with an engaged and service oriented well trained staff.
- Take direction from and collaborate with a regional leadership team to maximize established objective in all areas of the balanced score card.
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness, quality of product, and service throughout hotel.
- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- In conjunction with sales leader, develop and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Maintain and enhance food and beverage operations and outlets to deliver high quality food product and service while effectively managing and controlling related costs.
- Critically review reports of occupancy and revenue, partner with revenue management professionals to analyze trends and implement changes to maximize room revenue.
- Maintain positive rapport with associates and customers and communicate regularly with the public, staff, corporate office, and owners.
- Handle associate issues appropriately and in conjunction with human resources following HHM policies.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for HHM and hotel.
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and/or guest feedback and communicate to and train associates accordingly.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to drive culture of guest service and above average GSS score and remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Oversee sales department operations, and regularly participate in sales calls/client visits.
- Participate in Chamber of Commerce and local associations to network with members of the neighborhood/community.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality or a related field preferred.
- Minimum five years full service GM experience required with proven track record of success.
- Strong food and beverage background.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver financial results through strong sales and revenue management efforts and overall management and control of P&L.
- Willingness and ability to relocate in the future as portfolio grows strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing and pulling, reaching, bending, squatting, kneeling, lifting up to 20 pounds and use of cleaning chemicals.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.