Opportunity: Accounting Manager
Oversee and perform hotel accounting functions and personnel to ensure consistent compliance with accounting standards and regulations
Potential Career Path
Assistant Controller –Controller – Regional Director of Accounting
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Plan and organize the work of the hotel accounting team, adjusting priorities as needed to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Review invoices for goods and services and sign disbursement checks.
- Monitor coding of cash receipts.
- Prepare utility and telephone accruals monthly.
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy.
- Provide research, analysis and insight into financial trends, statistical ratios, variance, budgeting and forecasting.
- Administers house banks and conduct audits.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to monitor payroll
- Monitor records of inventory to control accuracy of supply distribution.
- Review tax returns to ensure compliance with state and federal
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment,
building supplies, revisions and alterations.
- Assist with human resources needs when requested by management.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous accounting in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced skills in Excel.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working past normal scheduled work time, holidays and weekends if required to meet accounting deadlines.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.