Opportunity: Executive Chef
Manage the kitchen operations in accordance with established guest service, food quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Director of Food & Beverage – Regional Director of Food & Beverage
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Establish priorities and assign production and preparation tasks to staff to execute.
- Review daily menu specials, banquet event orders and inventory food items for daily use.
- Requisition day’s supplies and ensure they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with purchasing and storeroom personnel.
- Ensure quality of products received.
- Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate-up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, and health/safety and sanitation follow-up.
- Ensure each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies,equipment and that recipe cards, production schedules, plating
guides and photography are posted and current.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.Develop new menu items,
test and write recipes.
- Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct frequent walk-throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies.
- Assist catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
- Review sales and food cost daily and ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Degree or certificate in Culinary Arts and/or one to two years’ experience as an Executive Chef.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.