Opportunity: Executive Meetings Manager
Plan, solicit, book and coordinate small group meetings and room sales to meet and exceed revenue goals.
Potential Career Path
Group Sales Manager – Director of Group Sales – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Manage all phases of small meeting groups,under 20 rooms per night with meeting space includingcontracts, rooming lists, billing, VIPs, upgrades.
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm all social group blocks booked.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients.
- Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Book functions accurately into SalesPro and ensure that meeting and room arrangements are to specifications.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in supervising the banquet operation to ensure the highest standards of service.
- Handle all inquiries, site inspections and correspondence with the utmost courtesy and professionalism.
- Work closely with sales/catering department in order to maximize group& catering revenues by adhering to correct rates and prices.
- Support strategic planning &long term development operational, financial and service goals of the Sales & Catering department.
- Plan and prepare with all outlets for events and coordinate unique requirements, to meet the client’s needs, pace and degree of personalization, while actively promoting hotel services
- Identify, customize and deliver individual guest requirements.
- Work additional hours as needed or when requested.
- 2-3 years conference services sales experience in hospitality, preferably in a luxury establishment.
- College degree in hospitality or business administration is required.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- SalesPro knowledge a plus.
- Rooms experience is a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with external and internal customers including both face to face and indirect contact with the public.
- Stand, use hands to handle, control objects and tools, and use telephone and computer systems.
- Manage conflict situations including dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
- Handle cash, other forms of currency and occasionally guests’ valuables.
- Able to communicate well in English both orally and written.
- Comply with Hersha and the hotel brand standards.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty,
communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local
community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.