Job Description – Food and Beverage Intern
Responsible for working across several areas of Food & Beverage while providing an excellent guest experience in an attentive, courteous and efficient way.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Supervisor - Food and Beverage Manager
- Ability to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Events.
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms.
- Follow cash handling procedures in accordance to standards.
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives.
- Ensure compliance of brand standards.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Comply with local licensing laws.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous Food & Beverage and/or industry experience desirable.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy.
Work Environment and Context
- Work in an outdoor environment with exposure to various weather conditions.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 75 pounds, bending and reaching.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service
markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.