Opportunity: Beverage Director
Oversee and strategize all operations of beverage outlets and services including selection, purchasing, customer satisfaction, menu creation, promotional development and performance in accordance with established restaurant and guest service standards.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Director – Restaurant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate beverage programs including decisions on glass pours, compliance programs, volume purchases, allocations, promotions, and features; maintaining consistent quality, appealing display, and preparation to guest satisfaction.
- Develop and curate wine and spirits program, including but not limited to: spirit selection, specialty cocktails, and wine list while emphasizing harmony of food and beverage.
- Ensure bar and beverage services comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Responsible for synergizing all purchasing, storage, receiving, requisitioning, and inventory control systems.
- Analyze product mix and Cost of Goods Sold (CoGS) for each outlet, working with Executive Chef, Restaurant GM and SVP of Restaurants and Bars to improve areas of opportunity.
- Coordinate with vendors and distributors to maximize purchasing power and return incentives; including compliance programs, volume purchase deals, special buys, private labels, pricing agreements, etc.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of product and service in outlets.
- Responsible for initial and continued beverage training for all FOH staff, and is expected to uphold all standards of education.
- Perform service functions during periods of high volume or staffing shortages.
- Establish staff training that abides by State, Federal, and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum five years of management experience in a high-volume beverage program, coupled with food service, required.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and local liquor laws required.
- Knowledge of bar service and liquor inventory controls required.
- Extensive knowledge of wine, spirits, beverage characteristics, and food pairing strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working varied shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.