Opportunity: HVAC Technician
The Engineer (HVACR) will perform Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration preventative and repair maintenance duties for the property. The associate will also provide general maintenance duties. This role will ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner.
Potential Career Path
Engineering Supervisor - Chief Engineer – Area Chief Engineer – Engineering Director
Essential Job Functions
- Inspect, repair, maintain and troubleshoot HVAC, and refrigeration equipment ensuring proper air quality and operation of equipment.
- Check and change air filters and condensate pans tablets/pads on a regular basis.
- Perform general maintenance tasks as needed.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and develop process improvement methodology to increase departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program using the newest environmental safe refrigerants and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with SDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform daily temperature reading and monitoring HVAC systems throughout the property.
- Recommend replacements to supervisor based on age and condition of equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and Trade school course work in related field required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience to include handling large HV/AX units, preventive maintenance repairs, and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of building automation systems.
- Knowledge of pneumatic operating and calibrating controls.
- Knowledge of blueprints.
- Knowledge of commercial mechanical and electrical systems.
- HVAC certification required (Type 2 minimum, Universal preferred).
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.