Opportunity: Kitchen Supervisor
Supervise set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality, set-up and service are in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Kitchen Manager – Sous Chef – Head Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Inspect daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef to ensure estimates are completed correctly and associates follow these estimates.
- Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas of the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
- Inspect all work stations and ensure proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Prepare daily production charts.
- Attend associate meetings, offer suggestions on how to solve associate problems.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience which
demonstrates ability to perform the required duties.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.