Opportunity: Banquet Captain
Supervise banquet staff during assigned functions, ensuring staff performs in
accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Banquet Manager – Assistant Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Check Banquet Staff’s Event Orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that Banquet Event Order directions are completely followed.
- Act as point of contact for group representatives.
- Communicate all Banquet Event Order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions.
- Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers, bartenders, and/or housepersons.
- Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting up, greeting and serving the guest, and breaking down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Post all banquet checks at end of the day and turn in to night audit.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee staff to ensure that proper liquor controls are in use.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous banquet experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.