Opportunity: Catering Services Manager
Manage operation of the Catering Services Department overseeing coordination of catering events in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Sales Manager – Director of Catering Sales – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Promptly answer telephone calls and communicate relevant account information to managers and departments.
- Support catering associates with all servicing functions and managing events details.
- Perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Create, process and distribute accurate and timely event orders and resumes.
- Maintain organized and necessary copies of executed event orders and client correspondence.
- Plan and conduct pre and post events with clients and respective departments.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property when necessary.
- Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads, and securing re-bookings.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Document tracking of event activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, typing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Eligible based on achievement of upsell goals assigned quarterly.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.