Opportunity: Banquet Bartender
Set up, tend and break down banquet bars in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Bartender– Bar Manager–Assistant Restaurant Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Check Banquet Event Orders to determine function, number of guests and type of bar (house, premium, cash, open, etc.)
- Set up portable bar in function area according to standard policies and procedures.
- Follow established guidelines, policies and procedures regarding making beverages.
- Abide by state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Abide by HHM cash handling policies and procedures.
- Remove all trash and liquor glasses from tables, and remove tablecloths, trash and liquor from function area.
- Break down and clean bar thoroughly; wipe surface areas and empty water in portable bar.
- Return all equipment and supplies to proper area.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous bartending/banquet experience or equivalent training.
- TIPS Certification a plus.
- Food Sanitation Certification required within 90 days of employment.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
HershaHospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.