Opportunity: Director of Finance
Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and preparefinancial reports in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Finance–Regional Director of Finance– Corporate Director of Finance
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on Hersha Hospitality/owner's request).
- Ensure payroll practices meet Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.