Opportunity: Banquet Manager
Manage banquet department operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Manager – Director of Catering –Director of Food and Beverage
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Maintain positive guest relationships and ensure banquet functions are executed in accordance with guest specifications.
- Work closely with the catering department to address service deliver or communication gaps.
- Supervise and visually inspect the set-up of function rooms to ensure cleanliness and proper inventory.
- Oversee serving staff to ensure that all federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies are adhered to in the serving of
- Ensure that Hersha’s cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all banquet staff in cash handling positions. Abide by all Hersha accounting policies and practices to ensure SOX compliance.
- Enter billing information into point of sale system in order to generate a final guest check.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, and adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Set and maintain service standards through continued training of core staff utilizing in service meetings.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years Banquet experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, alternate shifts and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.