Opportunity: Phone Operator
Answer and direct internal and external telephone calls in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor –Front Office Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Promptly and professionally answer telephone calls and ascertain
the correct extension and direction of call.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested.
- Receive wake-up call information, input accurately into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time with guest.
- Page guests and patrons using the public address system.
- Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations associates. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to associates in response to emergencies and guest requests.
- Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Respond to and resolve all complications and complaints.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous receptionist or customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, speaking, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.