Opportunity: Banquet Set Up Supervisor
Supervises banquet staff and oversees the set-up, service and break down of hotel meeting rooms and space in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Captain- Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring associates perform in accordance with standards and consistent with HHM core values
- Oversee set up meeting rooms according to banquet event order forms and guest requests to insure set up meets guest expectations.
- Transport awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to and from meeting rooms in a safe manner using proper equipment.
- Break down meeting rooms and return banquet items to storage closet in a neat and organized fashion.
- Work cooperatively with banquet service staff to address meeting room issues.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms ensuring rooms are presentable at all times.
- Communicate meeting room maintenance issues to management and or engineering according to established communication processes.
- Respond to guest requests for service, changes in room set up and assist with information requests regarding other areas of the hotel.
- Engage guests to offer assistance and to check on satisfaction.
- Handle guest complaints personally or if necessary seek assistance from supervisor.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years of previous banquet set up or customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on alternate shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, pushing, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.